It is important to change the services into your name for each of your utilities. Some of them will ask for a copy of your closing statement, which is given to you 3 days before closing. Cable companies don’t require that info, which is good because they have about 2 weeks of lead time on scheduling new or changed services.
Electric Companies: DO THIS 1 WEEK BEFORE CLOSING
Gas Company: DO THIS 1 WEEK BEFORE CLOSING
Phone/Cable Companies: DO THIS TWO WEEKS BEFORE CLOSING!!!!
Water/Sewer/Garbage: DO THIS 1-2 DAYS BEFORE CLOSING (City of Bradenton requires the deed)
- City of Anna Maria 941-708-6132 City of Bradenton-water (leave message) 941-932-9434
- City of Bradenton-water (leave message) 941-932-9434 (garbage/recycle/yard waste or large item pick-up ) 941-708-6340 www.cityofBradenton.com
- City of Bradenton Beach 941-778-3947
- City of Holmes Beach 941-708-5833
- City of Palmetto 941-723-4570 www.palmettofl.org
- City of Sarasota 941-954-4197
- Manatee County Utilities 941-792-8811 mymanatee.org
- Sarasota County Utilities 941-861-5000 www.scgov.net/utilities
- Town of LongBoat Key 941-316-1999 x223 “Www.longboatkey.org
- North Port Utilities (Sewer & Water) (941) 426-9500 https://www.cityofnorthport.com/government/city-services/utilities
- North Port Solid Waster (Trash/Recycle) (941) 240-8050